The American Penstemon Society is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about penstemons, their introduction into cultivation, and the development of new and improved cultivars. The Society was formed in 1946 by a group of gardeners who had been collecting and growing penstemons in many different parts of the country. Their original purpose is continued today:
- to grow and study all of the species possible
- to promote the use and enjoyment of penstemons in gardens
- to study penstemons in the wild
- to aid in the identification of penstemons, and
- to acquaint penstemon enthusiasts with each other.
Members of the American Penstemon Society are also active in hybridizing and selecting superior forms for gardens. If you love penstemons, do join us!