- Category: Society
- Hits: 9882
AMERICAN PENSTEMON SOCIETY APPLICATIONS SOUGHT FOR 2021 SPECIAL PROJECT GRANTS
The purpose of the APS Special Projects Program is to stimulate activities that promote knowledge and appreciation of Penstemons. The Society is particularly interested in funding projects that:
1) Promote conservation of Penstemon species in the wild, especially rare or sensitive ones, through understanding of factors that affect their survival, or
2) Promote appreciation for the diversity and beauty of Penstemons in wild and domestic landscapes, through horticultural research, dissemination of information of interest to gardeners, or the construction or enhancement of educational display gardens.
All applicants must be current members of APS, and may join APS for the purpose of submitting a proposal. Maximum award amount is $1000; in the past three years, awards have ranged from $100 to $1000. Awards are not intended to pay wages or travel to meetings. The number of successful awards in any year will be determined by the number of high-quality proposals, value of the awards, and the annual budget. Awardees are required to submit a final project report, due one year after the award is made, and provide either an article for the newsletter or an oral presentation at an annual meeting.
Proposals should not exceed five pages, and must follow this format:
- Project name
- Name and contact information of submitter(s)
- Requested funding amount
- Objective of the project
- Background and rationale
- Proposed methods and timeline
- Itemized budget
- Description of submitters’ qualifications.
If you qualify, based on the criteria above, and wish to apply, click here to download the form. Fill out the form and mail to Dorothy (directions are on the form).
NEW!! Graduate Student Grant Opportunity for Penstemon Research
The American Penstemon Society announces a new grant for students conducting research on the genus Penstemon. Click here to see the specifications.